Question:
Dinner Menu for Teenagers...I'm having my high school class over to dinner...?
Libby Loves to Write
2006-02-24 21:19:53 UTC
What would you recommend as a menu?
Thirteen answers:
jbpammy004
2006-02-24 21:28:58 UTC
Try taco soup, its easy, makes a lot and goes a lone ways. Eat it with Fritos or crackers. Recipe follows:

1 lb. fround meat, browned and scrambled

1 pkg. taco mix

1 pgk. ranch styl dressing

1 can Spanish style rice

1 can Ro=Tel tomatoes

1 can whole kernal corn

1 can creamstyle corn

2 cans pinto beans

1 can tomato sause

1 small box velveeta cheese

Brown meat and drain

add taco mix and ranch style dressing mix

add rest of ingredients

cook over low heat until cheese melts

My teenage boys love this stuff, they even get up and eat it for breakfast. It doesn't sound good but it is.
Methlehem
2006-02-25 00:38:10 UTC
Burgers and hotdogs, corndogs, or any type of finger food. I think buffalo wings or barbecue wings would go over well, maybe a luncheon meat platter with cheeses, cocktail weiners, fresh fruit, swedish meatballs, veggies and dip (because not everyone eats meat), assorted crackers/toasts with a variety of spreads, chips, trail mixes, party mixes, nachos/chips and salsa, apple slices with caramel dip, you know - fun stuff and anything really versatile and PORTABLE because teens like to move around alot. Kabobs would be great too. Again, this event should be about the PORTABILITY of the fare.
♫ serendippy522 ♫
2006-02-25 01:45:34 UTC
Pizza, hot dogs, and burgers are so boring, and they probably get that all the time.

Rachael Ray has a lot of great crowd pleaser recipes.

Why not check out some of her recipes on the Food Network website?

Here are some of my favorites:

Chicken Cacciatore Subs

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_26938,00.html

Mac and Cheese Hot Dog Casserole

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_31140,00.html

Mexican Lasagna

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_28244,00.html

Grilled Honey Lime Chicken Sandwiches

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_18623,00.html

Sunday Gravy and Macaroni

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_23870,00.html
I Love Yeshua
2006-02-24 22:01:20 UTC
Pizza and pop is the easyest, most basic thing i can think of, but really, you can do anything, just as long as it's not too fancy. & you should probably make sure no one's allergic to anything you make. But teen's are reasonabley easy going with food, as long as there is plenty of it. I hope i helped.
danbob45
2006-02-25 00:34:38 UTC
most teens are easy to feed...quick foods with maybe a variety of mini pizza's, taco platter or nacho fixings...even add like a fruit and veggie tray...don't forget some type of dessert...have friends or even some coming to help fix it.
2006-02-24 21:25:51 UTC
Pizza and Soda
hockeyplaya889
2006-02-24 21:24:03 UTC
That's interesting, burgers and hot dogs, chicken and some pasta.
zbelle
2006-02-24 21:21:36 UTC
Hot dogs, burgers, potato or macaroni salad, chips.
traviavis
2006-02-24 21:23:22 UTC
Anything should work, really. As long as it isn't "Funtime Eczema Dumplings" or something bizarre or uncouth.
miss me
2006-02-24 21:41:09 UTC
A do it yourself buffet of taco and burritos
crythsania
2006-02-24 21:24:20 UTC
Pizza or pasta....both are fun and cheap.
lynn19792003
2006-02-24 22:01:39 UTC
pizza, chips, soda,
2006-02-24 21:21:58 UTC
and ur the teacher???????WTF........ur gona get pwned...........................