Question:
how du yew spell mayonayze? Plus, whats a gewd way of opening a mayo jar?
2006-03-31 16:29:59 UTC
mamayinaise
Fifteen answers:
auntb93again
2006-03-31 16:39:06 UTC
"Mayonnaise" is one of those words in English that are so hard to spell because they come from French originally. When someone wanted to say a thing was very classy, they gave it a French name. And Folks, when mayonnaise was first invented, it was a rare and wonderful thing.

Think about it: an egg-rich condiment which goes with so many other flavors in loving harmony, suddenly available even to people who do not have particularly good refrigeration, as long as they keep it reasonably cool and use it up relatively quickly once they've opened it. So it was early on realized that it was an excellent thing to put up in jars, and here we are. It is very stable while it is still in the jar as long as it does not get too terrible extremes of cold; you will ruin its texture if you freeze it. But as I say, a natural for the canning process which is, after all, pretty old technology in essence. Mason jars have been around for a long, long time.

Opening: just arm yourself with a small section of thin and relatively flexible, but sturdy, rubber with a textured surface. It will add enough grip to yours that your normal arm strength should give you little trouble. If not, what are hungry young sons [grandsons?] for, if they want you to make them sandwiches and salads, eh? Self-interest will enlist their aid easily enough, I think.
alias_dictus_tony
2006-04-01 00:38:22 UTC
mayonnaise

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=mayonnaise

By the way, "du" is spelled "do", "yew" is spelled "you" unless your reffering to the wood used to make bows as in "bows and arrows". Finally "gewd" is spelled "good."

To open the jar you would first have to evolve and develop opposable thumbs.

Then turn the lid counter clockwise.

Failing that you can always use a rock.
cal_80_grad
2006-04-01 00:34:25 UTC
Another way to open teh jar is to hold the jar sideways with the lid under running hot water. This will expand the metal slightly, making the jar easier to open.
Freakout-Madness
2006-04-01 00:36:53 UTC
it's spelled "mayonnaise." And a good way of opening is either to run it under hot water or use a towel that wouldn't slip off the lid
rainbowdayof76
2006-04-01 00:33:37 UTC
MAYONNAISE, AND TAP ON THE JAR WITH A SPOON OR BUTTER KNIFE, TAPPING ONLY IN A COUNTER CLOCKWISE DIRECTION AND IT WILL LOOSEN THE SCREW MAKING IT EASIER TO OPEN. IF YOU HAVE THE JAR AND NEED HELP OPENING IT, THEN SURELY YOU CAN READ HOW TO SPELL IT--GEEZ SOME PEOPLE.
dejadogs
2006-04-01 01:49:58 UTC
mayonnaise and you could hit the jar with a spoon or hit the bottom hARD
smashhands
2006-04-01 00:33:14 UTC
mayonaise

hit the sides of the lid a couple of times with a spoon. works all the time.
goldie
2006-04-01 00:33:05 UTC
mayonnaise, bang the side of the jar (not too hard)then open it
2006-04-01 01:49:23 UTC
wow...ok..i think trying to spell MAYONNAISE is the least of your worries...how about learning to spell simple basic words first?...and i agree with kutiepye_34.....thanks for the points =)
2006-04-01 00:37:35 UTC
mayonaise...and you turn the lid...that simple!! most jars aren't glass with metal lids anymore, just plastic...so beating the lid won't work!!
Johnny B
2006-04-01 00:31:56 UTC
mayonaise i think... check the mayo jar
due 6/30/10
2006-04-06 18:12:36 UTC
I think it's mayonnaise and i also think you should find a literacy center
kutiepye_34
2006-04-01 00:33:00 UTC
THREE THINGS

1.dumb question

2.y would u wanna do that?

3.thanks for the points.
barb
2006-04-01 03:17:08 UTC
mayonnaise-I gently hit it with the handle of a knife
۝₪ڠYiffniff ڠ₪۝
2006-04-01 00:36:40 UTC
Please tell me you're spelling like that on purpose.